Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 33 - Love completes each other 8/1/11

Today's Dare

Recognize that your spouse is integral to your future success.  Let them know today that you desire to include them in your upcoming decisions, and that you need their perspective and counsel.  If you have ignored thier input in the past, admit your oversight and ask them to forgive you.

What are some upcoming decisions you can make together?  What did you learn today about the role of your mate?

I always include Dave in my decision making. I ask him what he thinks and ask him for his advice.  I don't do anything without him knowing and I hope he has the same respect for me.

Favorite Phrase

This chapter is pretty cool and I can totally relate it with us.  This is what makes me think of us:

One of you may be better at cooking, for instance, while the other is more thorough in cleaning the dishes.  One may be more gentle and able to keep peace among family members, while the other handles discipline more directly and effectively.  Oe may have a good business head but needs the other to help him remember to be generous.

I see Dave as more of the one that handles the business and finances, I am more of the motherly role.  He is better at the firm hand and I am better at trying to decide if they need harsh punishment. I kiss boo boos and Dave scares monsters away.  Dave is good at rough housing and I am more of the gentle one.

When we learn to accept these distinctions in our mate, we can bypass criticism and go straight to helping and appreciating one another.

This reminds me of the grocery shopping experience.  I was getting stressed out with the girls when they were running around and standing in the way and Dave calmed me down.  He told me to just calm down with a stern but understanding look and told me things were ok.  So I did..I stopped worrying someone was going to be pissed they were in the way or that they were going to run away or whatever and we were fine.

Joined together, you are greater than you independent parts.  You need each other.  You complete each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment