Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 38 - Love Fulfills Dreams 8/3/11

Todays Dare

Ask yourself what you rmate would want if it was obtainable.  Commit this to prayer, and start mapping out a plan for meeting some, if not all, of their desires, to whatever leve you possibly can.

What has made you resistant to fulfilling your mate's desires in the past?  How would it change your relationship if they knew their dreams were a priority to you?  What desires are you attempting to meet?

Well, on this one..I will guess what I think he wants and then I am going to update with what he tells me he wants.

I think he would like to be debt free.  He would like to travel.  He would like to retire.  He would like to update our house a little more.  He would like a different vehicle..a jeep or even a truck as long as gas mileage is good enoug. :) He would like well behaved children.  He would like a Son.  Im sure he would like more freedom in our marriage..without me hounding him with questions about personal matters and gaming..etc etc.  Im sure he would like a break from trying to "please" me and take care of my crazy pregnancy issues and horomones.  He would like to not have to pay the bills and balance the check book.  He would like bigger tvs.

I would love to be debt free and to travel.  I would like to retire.  Updating our house some would be nice.  I would not oppose to him having a vehicle he likes.  Behanved children..of course.  We tried for a Son and are blessed with another Daughter.  I try not to hound him about things I should leave alone.  I try not to be so dependent upon him and having him lift my spirits up when they are down.  I have been trying to balance the check book when I can to relieve him of that stress.  I want him to be happy as much as I want to be happy.

His goals -
I said - If you had an unlimited amount of money and time..what things would you want or want to do or visit...etc etc.
He said - move to Hawaii, buy a yacht, skydive, more tattoos, buy a subaru maxed out, motorcycle, speak spanish, 60 inch 3-d tv....and he cant think of anything right now. :) lol

I would be up for moving to Hawaii and getting a yacht, Id wave from down below as he skydives, Id drive the subaru :) ride on the back of the motorcycle, no interest in speaking spanish and Id watch the TV.

Now..what can actually be achieved for real??  mmm...MAYBE tats, skydiving and once the kids are older..the new vehicle, motorcyle and tv.  So we shall see.

Favorite Phrase

Common sense tells us we can't give our wife or husband everything they might like.  Our budgets and account balances tell us we probably couldn't afford it anyway. And even if we could, it might not be good for us. Or for them.

Love sometimes needs to be extravagant.  To go all out.  It sometimes needs to set aside the technicalities and just bless because it wants to.

Not everything your spouse wants has a heafty price tag.  Not everything he or she desires can be bought with money.  Your wife may really want your time.  She may really want your attention.  She may really want to be treated like a lady, to know that her husband considers her his greatest treasure.  She may really want to see in your eyes a love that chooses to be there no matter what

***AMEN!!!!!!!!!! *** ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You husband may really want your respect.  He may really want you to acknowledge him as the head of the house in front of the children.  He may really want you to put your arms around his neck for no apparent reason, surprising him witha long kiss or a love note when there's not evena  birthday or anniversary to justify it.  He may really need to know that you still think he's strong and handsome, the way you used to.

Dreams and desires come in all shapes and sizes.  But love take careful notice of each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment