Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 35- Love is Accountable 8/3/11

Today's Dare

Find a marriage mentor, someone who is a strong Christian and who will be honest and loving with you.  If you feel that counseling is needed, then take the first step to set up an appointment.  during this process, ask God to direct your decisions and discernment.

Who did you choose?  Why did you selete this person?  What do you hope to learn from them?

I have a few people that I feel I can talk to about my marriage issues.  I reached out to my Pastor at one of the lowest points in my relationship and I feel that he turned his back on me.  So I no longer reach out to him.  I want to do counseling but I KNOWWW we cant afford it.  Im not just making up an excuse, but when they want to charge 140.00 for a hour for one session....that is ridiculous!!  That is the whole reason why I started to do the love dare.  I was personally at my wits end. I feel I had run into a brick wall and I had a huge hole in my chest and I had no idea how to make things better. I was upset and angry and bitter and I cried soooo hard many nights due to frustration and heartach that I was ready to walk, totally give up and just leave.  But someone told me to take the dare. So for the sake of my marriage and sanity I did.  with 5 days left I am going to say that I do feel that things have gotten slightly better.  I am still bitter and angry with somethings and I honestly can't believe or even begin to fathum how he can be so blind to what is wrong.  I have confided in the love dare as if it were my bible.  I have prayed for him and us and everything in between. I have left everything in God's hands.  All I can do is finish the last 5 days and ask Dave to read the love dare.  I dont expect him to do the dare but I would LOVE it if he were to atleast read and it and have some self reflection because I feel he is selfish.  He is self centered and it is ridiculous.  I have held my tounge, I have loved, I have given in, I have let things be, I have forgiven, I have done everything in my power to stay sane and hold this marriage together but I can not do it alone.  Im feeling smashed and I can't hold all the weight while he sits and games or just ignores life as it revolves around him.  I can not continue on like this.   I pray that God opens his eyes, ears and heart once I place the love dare in his hands.  Please Dave, do this for us. 

SOOOO..yesterday I didn't hold my tounge at lunch hour. I explained to him how I feel unappreciated and unloved and how he can tell someone thank you for handing him a receipt and he can't take two seconds to kiss my bye in the morning.  So this morning I got a kiss and a hug and it just blew me away.  He also told me he has a quit date for his dipping which threw me off as well.  So today I am extremely happy.

Favorite Phrase

Gaining wise counsel is like having a detailed road map and a personal guide while traveling on a long, challenging journey.  It can be the difference between continual success or the destruction of another mariage.  It is vital that you invite strong couples to share the wisdom that have gained through their own successes and failures.

Why waste years of your life learning painful lessons when you could discover those same truths during a few hours of wise counsel?  Why not cross the bridges others have built?  Wisdom is more valuable than gold.  Not receiving it is like letting priceless coins pass through your fingers. 

You and your spouse need these types of friends and mentors on a consistent basis. 

THIS IS THE EXACT FREAKING REASON WHY I TALK TO PEOPLE DAVID!!! It's not good to hold it all in!  People will tell me when Im wrong when I think Im right and when I know Im right and they agree with me!  YOU Need to talk to someone and stop holding everything in!  You are not right all the time and you are wrong ALOT of the time.  You need someone to tell you when you are wrong and you need to listen to them!  You dont want to listen to me or any family members so find someone!  For the sake of the marriage!

No comments:

Post a Comment