Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 2 - Love is Kind

In addition to saying nothing negative to your spouse again today, do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kidness.

What discoveries about love did you make today?  What specifically did you do in this dare?  How didyou show kindness, and how did your spouse respond?

My act of kindness was not too much out of my comfort zone, but I was EXHAUSTED! :)  Being up from 12-230am with a party going on inside..yeah. Fun!  Anyway, Dave gets up pretty early to get ready and go to work.  Despite my anger towards him for not going to bed with me last night or spending too much time with me I decided to continue on to Dare 2.  I got my butt out of bed, while he was in the shower and made him a pot of coffee at 5am.  It wasnt terribly hard, but I still had to motivate myself to wake up and get it done before he noticed I was up. Honestly, I thought he would come back up stairs after he saw it and say thank you or kiss me bye on his way out or even send me a text of some sort.  I didn't get anything. So I practiced patience.  When I got to work today at 9am he texted me and asked me if I made coffee and I said yes and he replied with "Thanks, that was really awesome of you"  That pretty much has made my day and it's only 9:13am!!  So as today continues on, I will practice patience and see if I can motivate myself to practice more kindness toward Dave.

Favorite verse:

Kindness thinks ahead, then takes the first step.  It doesnt sit around waiting to be prompted or coerced before getting off the couch.  The kind husband or wife will be the one who greets first,smiles first, serves first and forgives first.  They don't require the other to get his or her act together before showing love.  When acting from kindness, you see the need, then make your move. First.

I like this passage because I am guilty of sitting there waiting for him to make the first move.  I think from today on, I will make the first move. At least until we find our feet in or relationship again.

No comments:

Post a Comment