Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 6 - Love is Not Irritable

Today's Dare

Choose today to react to tough circumstances in your marriage in loving ways instead of with irritation.  Begin by making a list below of areas where you need to add margin to your schedule.  Then list any wrong motivations that you need to release from your life.

Where do you need to add margin to your life?  When have you recently overracted?  What was your real motivation behind it?  What decisions have you made today?

This is a tough one.  Honestly, I had no idea what it met.  I had to ask multiple people what the dare was actually asking...so I will do my best here.

I am maxed out everywhere.  I need to add margin to my morning routine for one.  Im exhausted because I have children that want to stay up all hours of the night, I have to pee constantly, I am having sooo many weird dreams so all of these factors cause me to want to sleep in until the absolute latest I can in the morning so Im running around rushing, getting the girls ready and yes causing me to be irritated.

I honestly can't think of anything else right now to specifically add margin too..but I know there is much much more. 

I overreact a lot.  I mean A LOT.  Im pretty sure most of it is due to my raging pregnancy horomones right now but every little thing turns into something huge with Dave.  He can say one thing and I can twist it and bend it and make it all fucked up and get pissed.  One recent argument was his new dipping hobby.  He didn't tell me about it because I never asked, was his reasoning.  So I twisted that into well, if he can't tell me about something that dumb then when can he talk to me?  Obviously, he can't.  Because I blow stuff out of porportion and twist them up and make it an even worse situation then what it was.

Today, I have decided to practice patience.  I think I do this everyday.  When I find myself getting mad and irritated with Dave I just repeat in my head, practice patience, practice patience, practice patience...until I am calmed down enough to rationalize why I am mad. 

Things are still getting better.  Random hugs, kisses goodnight and he sat at the kitchen table with us last night.  So small things are adding up to bigger better things.  Nothing is back to normal just yet, but we are slowly getting there. 

Ill finish later, I need to finish dinner and get the girls settled and deal with whiney children.

Favorite Phrase

When under pressure, love doesn't turn sour.  Minor problems don't yield major reactions.  The turth is, love does not get angry or hurt unless there is a legitimate andjust reason in the sight of God.  A loving Husband will remain calm and patient, showing mercy and retraining his temper.  Rage and violence are out of the question.  A loving wife is not overly sensitive or cranky but exercises emotional self-control.  She chooses to be a flower among the thorns and respond pleasantly during prickly situations.

This is the exact opposite of what we are.  We are the bad in both of these statements.  I know I am sensitive and cranky and most of the time can't  exercise emotional self-control.  I know one example was today.  Dave's phone rang and I answered it.  It was True Gree Lawn Service.  The called once before he just hung up on them.  He wants to cancel the service but has yet to do that.  I asked him if he wanted me to find out what they wanted and I didn't understand him because his mouth was full of dip so he took the phone from me and hung up on them again.  He then spit in the sink and said You couldve asked them but you just stood there.  He hurt my feelings because I think he is overly snappy with me today.  I know he is tired and I know he is tired because he stayed up so late last night playing his game.  I have tried to be calm and understanding with him and practice patience every single day. But it wearing on me.  I am tired of being the one trying to make this work.  I do intend to finish what I started but it is HARD!  Sometimes I want to slap this book right up side his head and tell him to read it!  But I know pointing out what portions I think would fit him well is selfishness.  I need to focus on myself for now.  For I am still on my quest......wish me luck..I am becoming weak in my long journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment