Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 7 - Love believes the best

Today's Dare

For todays dare, get 2 sheets of paper.  On the first  one, spend a few minutes writing out positive things about your spouse.  Then do the same with negative things about your spouse.  Place both sheets in a secret place for another day.  There is a different purpose and plan for each.  At some point during the remainer of the day, pick a positive attribute from the first list and thank your spouse for having this characteristic.

Which list was easier to make?  What did this reveal about your thoughts?  What attribute did you thank your spouse for having?

At lunch I conducted both of my lists. Going into this dare I initially thought the list of the bad would be the easiest.  Much to my surprise the list of the good was MUCH easier.  Below is the list of good that I was able to compile: smells good, sexy, funny, musular, cute butt, thick hair, good dad, good husband, manly, intelligent, good provider, good work ethic, dependable, independent, good cook, not lazy, sesnse of humor, friendly to public, not a complainer, has hobbies, social drinker only, non-smoker, clean, well groomed..mostly :), handles own issues, no drama with family, good family values, honest, respectful, GOOD sex and not a crowd follower.

I think this was a very well thought out dare.  If I wouldve done this dare as the very first one I think the bad list would have been easier to come up with. 

I sent Dave a text today in regards to this dare and it came from the heart.  I thanked him for getting up so early to provide for us and then for taking care of the girls and putting up with my bitch attitude. 

Favorite Phrase:

Again, the whole chapter ties together and I would have to write the entire thing in order for it to make any sense.  This chapter explains how there are two corridors in your heart..the dark room and the appreciate room.  The appreciate room has memories of all the good things about your spouse, it points out that most of those good thoughts were instilled when I was getting to know Dave and the dark room was created after I had been hurt or after a fight or anything negative that had happened.  It says the more we visit each room the more our hearts tend to want to stay there.  The love dare tells me to stay away from the dark room and to visit the appreciation room more often to sit down and read the wall over and over again and the only time I should visit the dark room is to write "Covered with Love" 

No comments:

Post a Comment