Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 4 - Love is Thoughtful

Today's Dare

Contact your Spouse sometime during the buisness of the day.  Have no agenda other than asking how He or She is doing and if there is anything you could do for them.

What did you learn about yourself or your Spouse by doing this today?  How could this become more natural , routine, and genuinely helpful part of your life?

This one is going to be hard.  Today I have an agenda.  My sisters baby shower is today and that is my main objective to tackle today.  Although I did ask him if he wanted me to make some coffee.  He said sure and was thankful for that.  The days are getting better.  Today he put his feet on me and kind of joked around with me.  Dave then flipped around and put his head in my lap. We watched a movie together today and when he left for the start of the baby shower he actually gave me a kiss!!  I cant tell you the last time we have kissed when leaving the room or going out of each others presence.  He even said he loved me when he left. 

Favorite Phrase:

I have a ton and I want to just hit on what the whole chapter is about.  I have guest arriving so I will have to long on later tonight and go over the rest of the things I love about the chapter.  It points out a ton of things that really hit close to home.  I'll be back later.

So, Im back..the shower was pretty fun, and I ate a TON!! :)

Back to the phrases I enjoy.  Mostly this chapter was about how you can be thoughtful.  It explains how a women is more thoughtful then a man and how the women was designed for the man.  To be the perfect couple.  Thoughtfulness came naturally when you first got together with your mate and soon faded afterwards.  It talks about how men say exactly what they mean and a women becomes upset because she thinks it is obvious why she is upset and then the man doesnt understand why he is being punished because it is as black and white in his eyes.  It also asks the question, When was the last time you spent a few minutes thinking about how you could better understan and demonstrate love to your spouse?  I can honestly say, since I have picked up this book it has always been about..why doesnt he say he loves me, why doesnt he kiss me, why doesnt he try to have sex with me?  When I could be saying I love him and I could be kissing him and I could be trying to pursue sex a little more.  This all falls under the selfishness I have been having.  I am a selfish person.  It has always been about me, me and more me.  Never about how he feels.  So this chapter again, was written for me! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment