Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 8- Love is Not Jealous

Today's Dare

Determine to become your spouse's biggest fan and to reject any thoughts of jealousy.  To help you set your heart on your spouse and focus on thier achievements, take yesterday's list or negative attribustes and discreetly burn it.  Then share with your spouse how glad you are about a success he or she recently enjoyed.

How hard was it to destroy the list?  What are some positive experiences that you can celebrate in the life of your mate?  How can you encourage them toward future successes?

The list was not hard to destroy at all.  I actually just shredded it here at work. I smiled and said "bye bye negative things!!"  Im only focusing on the positive ones!!  Positive things to celebrate in Dave's life...well..He is currently in college and has finished his first year.  He just recently got a raise.  We have a baby on the way and he has finally gotten to the final level on his game!!!  Now that is something Im THRILLED about! Although he continues to play it, it doesnt seem as much as he used to.  Thankfully! :)

I can encourage Dave to continue doing what he is doing.  He needs to continue to go to class and go to work and I can help him get his sleep and do as much as I can around the house and with the kids so he doesnt get wore out and sick and then miss days of school and work. 

I have not completed today's dare just yet.  Although it is only 12...so I will complete and then update on what happens. :)

I would like to add that I am not jealous of Dave in any way.  I am jealous of the situations we put ourselves into and I have told him this.  He has a very good best friend who is married and they have been married for years.  Dave has known these people for years as well so they have history together.  When we all get together I sometimes feel left out because they have stories they can share and I can't relate to those stories.  They talk about back in the day and they have discussed old girlfirends and college days and etc etc.  I do get, I guess, a little jealous in that area because no one wants to imagine there spouse with anyone but them.  So trying NOT to picture that is hard.  Its been a lot easier, but I still have those thoughts in the back of my head.  Am I really the one he wants? Am I good enough?  Does he ever think of someone else while with me?  Does he ever wonder what it would be like if he was still with someone else?  Most of his exes are not worthy of his time, but I know he doesnt have any hard feelings towards one in particular.  So I think I mostly wonder what he wonders about her.  This is where mostly all of my jealousy lies in.  I want to be the best at everything for him.  Sometimes I feel I fail in some areas and I try to make up for it in other areas.  I just hope he appreciates everything that I do do and never thinks what if...but I guess as a human being that is only natural.  : / sadly saying.....

Yesterday I texted Dave and I said that todays challenge I had to think of a recent success that he had acomplished and asked for his help.  He said "None, Ima slacker."  I texted back and said "Well, I can only really think of is that you have completed your first year of college.  Im thankful and so glad that you did, but it just seems so cliche for me to be out of the blue like Hye babe! Its been a few months, but Im so glad you finished your first year of college!!"  and sent laughed and that was pretty much the end of my challenge.  Im not jealous of Dave's success. I want him to succeed.  I want him to continue to go to college and make more money then I do and I want him to be happy.  I have never been jealous of his achievements.  I am very proud of him and hope he continues to be proud of himself in these successes.

Favorite Phrase:

I dont really have one today.  I dont feel jealous of Dave's acomplishments and I never have.  I love him with all my heart and I am proud of everything that he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment