Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 9- Love Makes Good Impressions 7/1/11

Today's Dare:

Think of a specific way you'd like to greet your spouse today.  Do it with a smile and with enthusiasm.  Then determine to change your greeting to reflect your love for them.

When and where did you choose to do your special greeting?  How will you change your greeting from this point on?

UGHHH todays dare is going to be HARD! Im stressed out and I dont feel like being nice!  I guess this was bound to happen.  Frustration is kicking in with the dares and living life normally at home.  Please pray I can get through this dare and keep my patience and sanity!

I plan to greet Dave, regardless how mad I am and frustrated I am with him in a nice and loving way today after work.  Im just going to walk in the door..put my stuff down and give him a kiss and ask how his day was.  I think I will try to do that everyday.  That way I dont want in the door and bam..Im bitching.  I think this will help so he's not on the defense as soon as I shut the door.

I walked in the door, made the girls a snack and went and gave him a kiss and asked him how his day was.  I think I can do that every day.  It did keep me from blowing up from being mad earlier.  I didnt come in and have a bitchy attitude and he wasnt on the defensive with my attitude.  Therefore, we didnt fight. 

We have made a little bit of progress tonight.  We have had conversation about random things and we actually just got out of the shower!  I honestly don't remember the last time that we had taken a shower together.  It is another small victory and I am so freaking excited you all have no idea!! 

I took a small nap and and then he fell asleep.  While he was sleeping I ran out to Steak n Shake and got me a large cherry limeade and grabbed him a large chocolate shake.  I woke him up and I gave him the shake. He also ate the pie I got for him last weekend and said he liked it.  Whoo hoo for the .77 splurge. :)  Anyway, have a great night every..I think Im going to cuddle up on the couch with my man!

Favorite Phrase:

When someone communicates that they are glad to see you, your personal sense of self-worth increases.  You feel more important and valued.  That's because a good greeting sets the stage for positive and healthy interaction.  Like love, it puts wind in your sails.

AMEN....that is all Im going to say to that...AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment