Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 3- Love Is Not Selfish

Today's Dare

Whatever you put your time, energy and money into will become more importate to you.  It's hard to care for something you are not investing in.  Along with restraining from negative comments , buy your spouse something that says "I was thinking of you today."

What did you choose to give your spouse?  What happened when you gave it?

Today I got up early and took the kids to Burger King and got all of us, including Dave some pancakes.  So, I dont know if I shouldve counted that my gift so when I went to Walmart I found a small banquet blueberry and cherry pie.  Blueberry is his favorite...so I got it.  I only got one..only one for him.  He hasnt seen it yet because he is still sleeping. 

Last night he gave me a hug.  I was walking through the living room and he was walking towards me and stopped me and actually gave me a hug.  Small victories like that make this dare worth it.  Last night I asked him to come to bed before the sun came up and he said he would and by golly he did.  He slept in the bed with me.  Another small victory.  Every little victory is a huge step in the right direction.  I have practiced patience with Dave today as well.  He is supossed to be mowing the grass, but he is sleeping. But I am also slacking.  I am to be cleaning for the shower tomorrow but instead I am here. 

Once he wakes up and I make dinner, I will make his small pie for him..just him. :) I cant wait to see his face. Hopefully he will give me a hug or kiss or something in appreciation..but I know I can't EXPECT anything...so Im not. Im just hoping. :) Wish me luck!!

Well, I told him about the pie when we were outside.  He said that he saw it and wondered what it was.  He never did say thank you or anything.  Last night we sat next to each other on the couch and watched a movie until I couldn't anymore and I went to bed.  He stayed down here and watched movies and played his computer game until after 2am.  I did come downstairs and got snotty because I feel we are making progress in most areas but I can not get him to come to bed with me at a decent hour.  I was dieing for a drink and actually was wondering if he had fallen asleep downstairs so I came down and got some iced tea..because SOMEONE drank the rest of the kool-aid and didnt refill it and I said to him "What do you need to stay up to at least 2 everyday before going to sleep?"  So I was kind of a bitch to him, and I will not justify that it was ok eventhough I really want him to see how hard Im trying and I will just continue onto the next dare.

Favorite Phrase:

Why do we have such low standards for ourselves but high expections for our mate?  The answer is a painful pill to swallow.  We are all selfish.

This too I like.  I feel like I want him to be at every whim for me but Im not sure I am at every whim for him 24/7.  I guess I will find out here later in the book.  And Im sorry for expecting soooo much from him when I know I dont expect a lot from myself.

1 comment:

  1. wow, please keep this up. i feel like im reading from my journal

    ReplyDelete