Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 13 - Love fights Fair 7/5/11

Today's Dare:

Talk with your spouse about establishing healthy rules of engagement.  If your mate is not ready for this, then write out your own personal rules to "fight" by.  Resolve to abide by them when the next disagreement occurs.

If your spouse participated with you, what was their response?  What rules did you write for yourself?

Tonight Dave and I are to sit down and write out a set of rules for him to abide by, me and then an Us section.  I am really exhausted so I am going to try and finish this dare but I may just go home and go to sleep instead. 

Dave and I had a good night last night.  We ended up taking a shower and disgussing things.  He stayed up a bit later and read a book and then played his game for a while.  He came to bed with me and slept with his arm around me.  I was sooo misearable last night.  These last few weeks of pregnancy are really starting to wear on me.  I was soooo hot last night and couldnt get comfy.  My hips hurt so I put a pillow between my legs and then I just toss and turn.  I want to lay on my stomach but I can't.  I mean its like sleeping with a basketball under you. Miserable I tell ya!  Today Im trying to eat some food but I just feel sooo stuffed and ill.  All I can really get down is liquids and that is not helping me..so Im chewing gum to try and digest whatever is still lingering from yesterday. 

Ill be back to update later..or I may have to resume this dare tomorrow. We will see how it pans out.

My Rules:
1.  I will not take off my wedding ring..period...well...when I can get it back on my finger :) lol
2.  I will not yell or raise my voice.
3.  I will not antagonize.
4.  I will not say MY children.
5.  I will not jump to conclusions.

His Rules:
1. 
2.
3.
4.
5.

Our Rules:
1. We will not go to bed mad.
2. We will call a "time-out" if we start to get too angry.
3.  We will not fight in front of the kids.
4.  We will never mention divorce.
5.  We will not bring up old, unrelated items from the past.

He didn't want to participate.  I read the rules to him and I am going to abide by mine. 

Favorite Phrase:

Fighting fair means changing your weapons.  Disagreeing with dignity.  Tt should result in building a bridge instead of burning one down.  Remember, love is not a fight, but is always worth fighting for.

This is what I am going to strive for and what I have been trying to do.  I need to fight for what I love and I will continue to press on eventhough days have been rough.  As you have read...obviouslu.

No comments:

Post a Comment