Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 20- Love is Jesus Christ 7/12/11

Today's Dare

Dare to take God at His word.  Dare to trust Jesus Christ for salvation.  Dare to pray, "Lord Jesus, Im a sinner.  But You have shown your love for me by dying to forgive my sins, and you have proven your power to save me from death by your resurrection.  Lord, change my heart, and save me by your choice.

Write about what this experience has been like for you.  Even if you are only renewing your commitment to receive and express His love, what has He shown you today?

This has been a rollercoaster ride.  We have had our ups and downs, fights and everything with it.  I will admit..even though I am frustrated and pissed off at Dave I feel this dare is working.  If it's not working on him it's most def working on me.  I reread sections so I can remind myself how to act and what I need to do regardless if it was a dare that was 2 days ago or 10. I am constantly reading the patience page.  That is the very first chapter of the book. 

God has shown me today that I do infact have patience and I can control my emotions.  Instead of yelling and screaming..I got in my car and took a drive.  I turned the music up really loud and cried because I was sooooo frustrated.  I came back able to take care of the kids and able to keep my cool with Dave.  My blog is obviously my outlet..but I figure it's better to say what I mean here for him to read later instead of screaming in his face and he just tuning me out anyway. 

Favorite Phrase

Jesus has come to seek and save you.  Everything you've failed at and havent been able todo, every minute you've wasted trying to fix things your own way -- all of it can be forgiven and make right by putting your life into the hands of the One who first gave it to you.

And this is the reason why I can keep going.  Its in his hands now and whether Dave chooses to continue on with our marriage or walk away or if I continue on or walk away at the end of the 40 days is totally in His hands.  I know he will not steer me wrong.  He hasn't steered me wrong before.  He has given me the strength once before and I know he will show me the correct way once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment