Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 15 - Love is Honorable 7/7/11

Today's Dare:

Choose a way to show honor and respect to your spouse that is above your normal routine.  It may be holding the door for her.  It might be putting his clothes away for him.  It may be the way you listen and speak in your communication.  Show your mate that he or she is highly esteemed in your eyes.

How did you choose to show honor?  What was the result?  What are some other ways uou could demonstrate honor in the coming days?

This one might be tough for me.  I do his laundry, I do the dishes, I cook dinner, I listen to him..I feel as if I have tried everything.  I dont really know how to show much more then what I alread have.  Ive rubbed his back while we were in bed, Ive cuddled, Ive rubbed his feet..Ive left him alone..etc etc etc.  Im just going to continue to do these things because I seem to be getting a pretty good result these past few days.

So Dave knows Im doing this 40 day challenge but doesnt know what it's called or anything and I texted him today and told him my dare for today.  I was being funny and told him that when he gets home..around 230pmish...to sit in his car and wait for me to get home..which would be around 530pmish so I can open his car door for him :) lol He was like..ya..Ill do that.  LOL Maybe Ill do laundry and actually put it away instead of leaving it in baskets. :) That would make him happy.  I usually jsut do it and pile it all up until the weekend when I have lots of time to put it away.  By then..its usually a bit wrinkled. 

Last night I didn't bitch or complain while Dave played WoW from the time I walked in the door until who knows when.  I actually sat next to him and watched him play.  It's actually pretty fucking boring if you ask me.  But I did it because I love my Husband and if that's what he's into..then so be it. At least he's not out at the bar drinking or smoking pot or neglecting us even more by not being there.  I do hate when he games and dips because I feel like I can't hold conversations with him.  I want to ask him about the game or the kids or life or whatever and he can't talk to me with a mouthfull of spit and it makes me a bit more frustrated.  but anyway..that was our night...

Favorite Phrase:

 To honor someone means to give them respect and high esteem, to treat them as being special and of great worth.  When you speak to them, you keep your language clean and understandable.  You are courteous and polite. when they speak to you, you take them seriously, giving thier words weight and significance.  When they ask you to do something, you accommodate them if at all possible, simply out of respect for who they are.

I feel that I try to act this way towards Dave on a daily basis..however, I dont feel that he does the same to me. 

This is especially true in marriage.  Honoring your mate means giving him or her your full attention, not talking to them from behind a newspaper or with one eye on the television. 


And I feel this next part comes into play for me as well in regards to my response above....

Perhaps you dont feel this way, and maybe for good reason.  Perhaps you wish some outsider could see the level of disrespect you get from your wife or husband -- someone who would make your mate feel embarrassed to be exposed for who they really are behind closed doors.

But that's not he issue with love.  Love honors even when it's rejected.  Love treats its beloved as special and sacred even with an ungrateful attitude is all you get in return.

This..this is how I feel 100%.  Although.....some days are better then others.  I must admit. Some are better.

No comments:

Post a Comment