Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 22 - Love is Faithful 7/13/11

Today's Dare

Love is a choice, not a feeling. It is an initiated action, not a knee jerk reaction.  Choose today to be committed to love even if your spouse has lost most of thier interest in receiving it.

Why is this kind of love impossible without the love of Christ beating in your heart?  How does His prescence within you enable you to love, even when it's primarily one-sided?

Sooo....I honestly feel like..ok..I can do this..MAYBE..just MAYBE..I can fix it... ((I know..Im fucking crazy!! Im admitting it first)) Soo..I texted Dave and said "I expect no response or reply whatsoever.  but still..I love you.  Period.  I choose to love you even if you dont love me in return.  I hope your day is good."
His response...No kidding... "Sell your lies to someone else, you dont love me"
Of course I bawled my eyes out..again...but ya know what. While Im still "living" with him..Im going to keep trying.  At the end of the love dare..if it's still this way..then Ive got my answer.  Scarlett wont be born by then..but I will know what I need to honestly prepare for.  All I ask of you or anyone is support to keep my head above waters.

Favorite Phrase:

From the vantage point of the wedding altar, you would never have dreamed that the person you married might later become to you a kind of "enemy", one you would need to love as an act of almost total sacrifice.  And yet far too often in marriage, the relationship does indeed dwindle down to that level.  Even to the point of betrayal, or sadly, to unfaithfulness. 
For many, this is the beginning of the end.  Some respond by rapidly moving toward a tragic divorce.  Others, more protective of their reputation than even their own happiness, decide to keep the charade going.  But they have no intention of liking it -- much less loving each other again.
You can give undeserved love toyour spouse because God gave undeserve love to you --repeatedly, enduringly.  Love is often expresssed the most to those who deserve it the least.
Ask God to fillyou with the kind of love only He can provide, then purpose to give it to your mate in a way that reflects your gratefulness to God for loving you.  That's the beauty of redeeming love.  That's the power of faithfulness.


And this is what speaks to me..right to my heart. I dont think he does deserve what I give him for the way he treats me..but I keep going regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment