Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 16 - Love Intercedes 7/8/11

Today's Dare

Begin praying today for your spouse's heart.  Pray for three specific areas where you desire for God to work in your spouse's life and in your marriage.

Have you experienced the power of praying in the past?  What did you choose to pray about?  Was it easy for you, or did it feel foreign to you?

The three areas I plan to pray for are: 1.  His dipping habit, 2.  His gaming habit and 3.  His inability to realize he is not single and does not live in his own little world so our marriage can get more attention.

Prayer is NOT foreign to me.  I once prayed a long time ago and that is what gave me the courage to walk out of a bad situation and ask my parents to come help me.  The packed my things and within a day I was gone with my children and moved to a new home.  I will never regret that decision.

Favorite Phrase:

You cannot change your spouse.  As much as you may want to, you cannot play God and reach into their heart and mold them into what you want them to be.

Im not trying to change Dave.  I never had tried to change him.  I have always thought he was perfect the way he was or else I wouldve never fallen in love with him so quickly and planned a $10,000.00 wedding a short time later.  All I ask is he stop doing the bad things he is doing now that he never did when we met.  They are things that will harm anyone else but himself and our marriage.  But nonetheless...I want the old Dave back.  As Im sure he wants the old me back..pre-pregnancy body to follow. Which I intend to work on once Scarlett is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment