Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 14 - Love Takes Delight 7/6/11

Today's Dare

Purposefully neglect an activity you would normally do so you can spend time with your spouse.  Do something he or she would love to do or a project they'd really like to work on.  Just be together.

What did you decide to give up?  What did you do together?  What new thing did you learn or relearn about your spouse?

So really the only things that I do on a daily basis are work, cook, clean and then I get on here, Facebook and Babycenter.  So..I gave up the internet all together last night.  I made dinner and we all hung out in the kitchen and talked.  I gave the girls a bath and popped in a movie.  Brooke would not settle down so I had to take her upstairs and we watched Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs for a bit.  I rubbed her head and then came downstairs and got Lex to put her in bed.  I went and read The Love Dare for a few mins and was about to pass out in my bed and Dave came up there and laid down with me.  We just hung out and eventually feel asleep.  It was nice to go to bed together for once.  It doesnt happen often at all. 

Favorite Phrase:

Left to ourselves, we'll always lean towards being disapproving of one another.  She'll get on your nerves.  He'll aggravate you.  but our daysare too short to waste in bickeing over petty things. Life is too fleeting for that. 

I am the one to nit pick and complain about petty things. His dipping, his farting, etc etc.  I dont like these things but instead of bickering with him over them. I can just walk away or choose to ignore them.  He knows I don't like those things and sometimes I think he just does it TO annoy me.  Specially if we are fighting.  But since this dare..I have tried to bicker less and less.

No comments:

Post a Comment