Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 29 - Love's Motivation 7/28/11

Today's Dare

Before your see your spouse again today, pray or them by name and for their needs.  Whether it comes easy for you or not, say "I Love You" then express love to them in some tangible way.  Go to God in prayer again, thanking Him for giving you the privilege of loving this one special person - unconditionally, the way He love both of you.

How will this change of motivation affect your relationship and reactions?  What does this inspire you to do?  What does it inspire you to stop doing?

Since the beginning I have changed completely.   I dont think there is anything else that I can do or not do besides what I have been doing and continue to do.  I have given my all during this dare and people still wonder why Im doing it and I keep saying..this is what Im supossed to do.  It says keep going, it says keep doing them regardless if you think they should be loved, if they deserve it, if they take it well and all of that.  So I keep doing it, I keep doing everything the look says and honestly, the past few weeks have been good. He has been loving, we have been sleeping in the same bed, we have communication, we are affectionate. He comes to me first for a kiss.  He rubs my back, he talks to the baby. Everything that I had before that disappeared has returned.  I can just continue to do what i am doing. that is all the motivation that I have.

Favorite Phrase

It doesnt take much experience to discover that your mate will not always motivate your love. In fact, many times they will de-motivate it. More often then you'd like, it will seem difficult to find the inspiration to demonstrate your love. They may not even receive it when you try to express it. That's simply the nature of life, even in fairly healthy marriages. But altho moods and emotions can create all kinds of moving motivational targets, one is certain to stay in the same place, all the time.  When God isyour reason for loving, your ability to love is guaranteed.  Thats because love come from Him.
 
is your husband tuning you out, not saying much, appently brooding over something he's not interested in sharing? Do u feel hurt by his unwillingness to open up? Are u tired of him being so short with you, not even responding to the children the way he needs to? Dont battle back with adouble dose of silence and inattention. Love him anyway As to the Lord.
 
See..it repeats...keep going, keep loving, keep doing everything you need to. REGARDLESS of anything thats negative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment