Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 25 - Love Forgives 7/16/11

Today's Dare

Whatever you haven't forgiven in your mate, forgive it today.  Let it go.  Just as we ask Jesus to "Forgive our debts", each day we must ask him to "forgive our debtors".  Unforgiveness has been keeping you and your spouse in prision too long.  Say from your heart "I choose to forgive."

What did you forgive your spouse for today?  How long have you been carrying the weight of it?  What are the possibilities now that you've released this matter to God?

This one is hard.  It's been taking me a few extra days to do this one.  I will finish this dare when I feel I can with my whole heart, complete this dare.

Ok, so TEN days later..I think I can safely say I can put everything in the past.  I can stop thinking about things and I can move on and put a clean slate in front of me.  I can see he is trying to better things for us and we are still working on us and he has even agreed to watch Fireproof and started watching it on his own the other night.  So I am able to safely say I forgive Dave.  Today, Tomorrow and in the future.

Favorite Phrase

Forgiveness doesn't absolve anyone of blame.  It doesn't clear their record with God.  It just clears you of having to worry about how to punish them.  When you forgive another person, your not turning them loose.  Yourse just turning them over to God, who can be counted on to deal with them His way.  Your saving yourself the trouble of scripting any more arguments or trying to precail in this situation.  Its not about winning anymore and losing anymore.  Its about freedom. Its about letting go.

I dont think I could completely forgive Dave without knowing this.  He has hurt me and said hurtful things to me, lied to me, betrayed me...I feel if I let it go then God will handle it.  He will punish him if he needs to be and I can continue to live my life and not worry about things.

No comments:

Post a Comment